Stevie Peavey’s has Your New Favorite F**kin’ Band with the Deathsquad Demongods!

Deathsquad Demongods based outa Palmdale but now call the Hollywood Hills their home, frontman vocalist/guitarist Stevie Peavey talks to me about how his band came to be and what a success and thrilled him and his bandmates are about their debut LP release "Your New Favorite F**kin' Band"!

1. Deathsquad Demongods what is the story behind a name such as that?

Well, I was the guitarist in Palmdale, California's #3 band Van Stone. Lead singer Randy Van Stone has a lot of demons- he was shot, has brain damage, and a crippling alcohol addiction. So in order to keep moving forward, I needed a badass band of badasses, some guys who aren't afraid to really kick ass and hard ya know? I got the right players, and we were gonna call ourselves Deathsquad Demonfuckers, but then realized that to be able to rock with godlike power, we would need to change it to Deathsquad Demongods. It rhymes too, so that makes it even more awesome.

2. Where are Deathsquad Demongods from and who's all in the band and what is their role?

Stevie: Deathsquad Demongods is from the Hollywood Hills. We were based outta my dad’s mansion in Palmdale, but I’m kind of on the outs with him, so we're scraping by in Hollywood. Money's tight, but I'm glad to be away from Palmdale. In the band are me, Stevie Peavey on lead vocals and guitar, Calvin Ellis on lead guitar, Chris Mancini on bass and Sid Johnson on drums.


3. Your first single was a "free" single called "Everybody's Favorite Guy" why did you want to go with releasing this particular song as the first single?

Stevie: Great question, Natalie! Everybody's Favorite Guy was a moniker that I picked up when I was in Van Stone. I introduced myself on the Adam Carolla show as "Stevie Peavey, Everybody's Favorite Guy" and it sorta stuck, everyone was saying it. Sure, they were saying it sarcastically, to mock me, cause my friends are assholes, but what can you do. I was really rich at the time and now I’m cut off so money's tight. So I wrote the song about my life story. Losing my wealth, whatever, I’m still the same guy. As far as the "freeness" of the single, it's still free, so people should get their very own MP3 at http://deathsquaddemongods.bandcamp.com/album/everybodys-favorite-guy-free-single

4. Tell me about "Your New Favorite F**kin' Band" it’s your debut LP correct?

Stevie: It is our debut! It's a very badass, very serious record. It’s something of a mission statement. We're your new favorite fuckin' band bottom line. Don't talk to me about some guys you saw at Warped Tour and liked. I’ll have none of it. We're your favorite and that's final.

There’s a lotta great stuff on this record. You've got snotty, Sex Pistols influenced stuff like "Dirty Little Liar", as well as the full on old school metal of the spaghetti western themed "Apocalypse Joe" There's something for everyone, as long as you're a badass at heart. You can stream it and buy it at http://deathsquaddemongods.bandcamp.com/album/your-new-favorite-f-kin-band


5. When did you begin writing for this album?

Stevie: I started writing this as soon as Van Stone imploded. We're talkin' mid 2010. "Everybody's Favorite Guy" was the first song, and then came the song based on the band name, "Deathsquad Demongods". With those two, I knew I was on to something, and it blossomed from there.

6. Who produced the album and were you satisfied with the ending results?

Stevie: I had some excellent producing help from Adam Fuller and Philip Rohr, but I would have to say I produced it myself. I was in the studio at all times, deciding how shit went down. I am satisfied, because those guys are stellar at subsidizing a CD with scintillating slabs of sonic supremacy, if you'll excuse the alliteration. If anyone takes a listen, they'll be hard pressed to argue otherwise.

7. So the album was released by STVPV Records? When did you get signed with them?

Stevie: Pretty recently. It was a late night drunken negotiation, and we decided it was best for all parties. It's working for the time being, we got the CD out I'm taking it 1 step at a time. Any label that indulged my concept for the album cover has got to be good. I mean, naked demon girls covered in blood and wielding flaming chainsaws? Amazing thank god they understood my vision.

8. Who are some of your musical influences?

Stevie: I love me some Turbonegro, Judas Priest, Rammstein, Murderdolls, Marilyn Manson and also Kiss before they sucked. You also can’t go wrong with kickass tunes, leather, spikes, pryo, and lipstick. You know what I mean?

9. Are you going to be doing any shows to promote your new album?

Stevie: Hell yes! We're doing a secret LA CD release show in November. I gotta keep it under wraps for now, but friend us on Facebook and we'll make the info known when the time is right.

10. What do you have planned for the remainder of this year leading into the New Year?

Stevie: Some totally sweet videos one featuring loads of pyro and another with some cool vampires. We’re also playing some shows up in California. I'm just waiting for our bassist to get out of rehab. He doesn't do drugs or nuthin, he hurt his knee and he's gotta do all these exercises to get back in shape. But come November, we're hitting' it hard. Thank you Natalie, I had a nice time talking, and keep doing such a sweet site!

Post a Comment

[facebook] [blogger]

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.
Javascript DisablePlease Enable Javascript To See All Widget